PhD-ing, or how to sing "I will survive" making it sound believable...

15 May 2012

Brilliant ideas

I was hoping I could have a good idea of how to write my research plan (due in a month from today) while I was sleeping (and I can tell you one thing: I sleep a lot! Especially in spring, when my allergies are so strong that I have to take pills that make me sleep anywhere, anytime...). But sadly, nothing came to me while dreaming; no muse, no angel, no ghost with a unique revelation apart from one: "Get to work, you lazy sneezy woman!"

The problem is not that I don't know what to write: I am so tired of repeating the same things again and again that I almost recite it without any spirit on it. I know what I want to do, I know what my project looks like (or what do I want it to look like), but I cannot make it physically presentable in a 20-pages report that will have to be read by a committee and approved to go on with my research. I am completely blocked and words don't come to me.

Was it Picasso who said "when inspiration comes I want it to catch me working"? Does it really happen, that inspiration comes whilst working? Well, I guess that sitting in front of my computer and starting writing will be the way to find out...


No comments: